So after hours of prepping and cooking and stressing and fretting and a few near-breakdowns, Thanksgiving was wonderful.

We hosted it at our house -- I love having a house full of people and energy. We brought in a couple folding tables and chairs and cleared out the living room of what could be removed. It was most definitely cozy.

Unfortunately, by the time everyone arrived I was so tired and worn out that I didn't enjoy it near as much as I should have... I'm so, so, so thankful for this little baby in my tum, but I am not thankful for the permanent headache that comes along too. I didn't take any pictures, but Jenny did and I'll post them if there's some good ones.

That said, we had LOTS of good food and I learned a few lessons:

No. 1 ~ Do not leave the lid on when roasting the turkey. Although it got done and tasted good, it looked nothing like the turkey in my mind.
No. 2 ~ Sewing and crafting for Thanksgiving should not be done within 48 hours of when the cooking is to start.
No. 3 ~ No matter what you think, the table is never big enough.
No. 4 ~ I don't know how people do it that have full-time jobs, multiple children, AND you have people over for Thanksgiving. Amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts