Sweet things of Fall.

This morning, Maggie's Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread just went in the oven.  YUM -- can't wait.  It's been too long :)  I thought I'd share the recipe since it's always nice to stumble upon a good recipe.  I remember the first time I had this when Simon (now 12) was a little toddler.  I think it might have been the year Jon made pumpkin stew -- was it pumpkin??  I don't think I'll share that recipe.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
from Maggie Rother

Bread:
1 c. cooked pumpkin (I use Libby's)
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 2/3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda

Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1 egg

Set oven to 325 degrees.  Mix filling, set aside.  Mix wet ingredients of bread, beat well.  Mix dry ingredients, add to wet mixture.  Pour 1/4 batter into two greased + floured pans. Spread filling over.  Add remaining batter.  Bake 30-60 minutes. (That's what I wrote anyway??  Do the toothpick test.)

Store bread in the fridge.

:: And while I'm at it, another great, simple, easy, delicious fall recipe.  Had this at a friend's house this fall and luckily stumbled across the recipe on Pinterest the very next day.

Layered Caramel Apple Dip

16 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
16 oz caramel apple dip from the store (we had to make ours from scratch, but it was real simple)
1 cup Heath bits (sold next to the chocolate chips)
Apple slices -- granny smith was awesome

Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar.  Spread in the bottom of a small platter or dinner plate.  Spread caramel dip/sauce on top.  Sprinkle Heath bits on top.  Arrange apple slices around the edge.

So simple and tastes just as good as it will look :)

:: The last and sweetest thing to post today-- both figuratively and probably literally -- this year we will be trick-or-treating on Lincoln Street.  :)  So Nebraska folks get ready... Where's the closest pumpkin patch?

Oooh, I'm starting to smell the pumpkin bread right now...

Comments

  1. I made this pumpkin bread this week. DELICIOUS. Thanks for sharing. The 30-60 minutes made me chuckle, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts