My Girl.

It's not uncommon for Ever to ask me to do things for her all day long  after she goes to bed.  Like, "Draw me a picture of an eagle tonight"or "Make sure you come sneak in after I fall asleep."  Today she brought me a little bouquet of flowers from the garden.  She made a special point of telling me it was because she loved me and you do nice things for your friends :)  She then asked me to pick her some flowers after she went to sleep.  When I went out to close the greenhouse up tonight I picked her some petunias, a lavender, and some verbena.  I put them in a tiny glass pitcher we pilfered from Omi on the last trip home and I snuck in to put it by her bed.  As I was leaving she rolled over and looked at me.  When she noticed the flowers her face broke into the biggest, warmest smile ever.  
It melted my heart.
Sometimes I worry that our kids feel too special.  They are so, so loved by their family and friends.  But it's times like this that remind me that you cannot love a child too much.
I know this isn't the most exciting write-up in the world, but I wanted to get it down for my own memory more than anything.  I never, ever want to forget that genuine smile and gratitude in her eyes.
We've had so much fun, this girl and I.  We definitely have some long days around here, but I'm so very thankful for quiet moments such as this that truly restore a tired Mama's soul.

:: Ever's first trip to Homer with Aunt Stacey, Omi, & I when she was 7 months old ::

Comments

  1. You are such a good Mother! The time we spend w/ our children is priceless. They won't remember the material things, but they will remember the time you spend w/ them. You are such a good example to others about love & giving. I see it in your children already. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts