New York, New York.

Stacey, Isla, and I spent about 40 hours in New York City a couple weeks ago.  It was wonderful, and exhausting, and expensive, and chilly.  And a bit of a blur.

The highlights?  Having a photographer I found on Instagram - Mimi Nguyen - take photos of Isla in Central Park...








The skyline.  Amazing.  Simply looking up -- incredible.  



Grand Central Station.  Everything about it.  The Whispering Wall :)  The macaroons!  Fully living up to their glorious reputation.




The outrageous amount people can charge for a simple meal.  Although it was really good.  "I don't know what's in this, but it's even better than butter.  Whatever that would be..."


The Museum of Modern Art.  Truly a cultural experience for me.  A little tainted by the "video art" at the entrance elevators, but I recovered with Monet, Picasso, Pollock, Gauguin, Degas, etc, etc, etc.... Amazing!  And whoever painted this, it may have been my favorite:

























I'm so thankful we got to see a glimpse of the city.  I was really wishing we had a couple more days. And about $5,000.  And a baby sitter so we could go see a broadway show.  Well, we'll plan better next time :)  Thanks Aunt Stace for taking this detour with us... we love you.

P.S.  Happy Birthday to my Daddy-O -- I miss you and love you.  More with ever year that passes :)

Comments

Popular Posts