A picture for Saige and some rambling.


This is what was in the big box that Ever is opening in one of the pictures from her birthday post -- it's the coolest piggy (I mean moose) bank that you have ever seen. You put the money in her mouth and it travels down to her tummy. Ever has already cashed her out once to buy a barbie doll at the local grocery store (Argh. Barbies. Don't get me started. Baby dolls I adore, but barbie's I am having a hard time warming up to. Sorry, Mom.)

Anyhoo -- the bank is awesome. And Ever is into everything moose right now so it is perfect :) Just tonight I was in the store to pick up some essentials and started to see the store through Ever's eyes -- they actually have a lot in there for the kiddos! I was impressed, which is unusual there.

The other thing on my mind tonight is the term "birth vigil" which I had never heard before. I read it on the SouleMama blog, which I really like, and it sounds like it basically means the act of sitting by your phone and computer for baby news. I am officially on birth vigil. I stare at my phone all day. I checked my e-mail obsessively today. It is kind-of nice to have a term for this sort of behavior :)

P.S. Her birthday cake was a chocolate cake out of my new Southern Living cookbook from Maggie with marshmallow filling and buttercream frosting -- it was d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.

And, yes, I still have our Christmas tree up. It is so beautiful, I just can't part with it yet....

Comments

Popular Posts