Daisy Love.




An incredible story of an incredible struggle and the journey that is faith...

My friend Haley shared this page on Facebook a few days ago and as I clicked through each link I got more and more sucked in.  I know there are tons of kids out there who struggle with and those that lose the struggle to cancer, but I couldn't get this little girl and her family out of my mind.  The strength of her parents' faith astounds me.  It is awe-inspring.  I copied and pasted below what her mother, Kate, wrote when they posted about the young girl's passing and her memorial service.  It seems a good reminder for all of us as to the importance of our blessings and the value of each day.  

As I understand it, the father is a pastor and there are a few videos shared on their page, some of them are his sermons.  Of all the stuff we spend time watching on the internet and television, I think this is definitely worth your hour of time.

Bry and I watched 'When Sparrows Fall' last night and it was pretty incredible.  It is a sermon, so be ready for almost an hour, but there are some pretty profound parts to it.  I believe it was posted just a few weeks before she passed away, which was a bit heart-wrenching for me to think about.  I just watched 'Daisy's 7 Month Journey' and cried my eyes out.  I can't believe what some people's normal becomes when things like this strike.  If I ever thought I had anything to complain about .... 

I know we all like happy endings, but so many times life just doesn't work out that way.

Love you all,
Jackie

*************************
Dear Friends…Early Saturday morning we had the privilege of witnessing Daisy’s departure from earth to a place outside of time and space where her joy is complete; heaven.

Our darling girl gave us kisses at midnight, with lips dry from thirst and hot with fever. Tiny and sweet, the words “that’s awesome” came from her tired body after letting us know she was having good dreams. She is safely home… Finally well.

I have refrained from giving details of her suffering over the last few weeks, as it was immense. Out of respect for her dignity and loveliness we have been keeping these painful moments sacred.

Thank you for your partnership in loving our girl. Please know we are broken hearted for ourselves but so happy for Daisy, who is with Jesus in paradise able to run and eat and play with abandon. We believe that wholeheartedly, and as they say in Narnia, she is going further up! And further in! She left the Shadowlands for a place more real in every sense.

Please join us as we celebrate the strong, kind, brave, goofy, thoughtful, amazing girl we call Daisy Love. Please wear what you feel best in; sandy feet and boardshorts, tutu and snorkel mask, or the prettiest dress in your closet. Wear black only if you must, but I’m wearing what Daisy would like most. On her last night on earth, she requested we watch “The Hobbit” (70’s version) and dress like hobbits. If ever there was a girl confident in her own skin, it was her. Among her favorite ensembles are animal ears of all kinds, astronaut, flightsuit, monster, pirate, dinosaur, Indian, mermaid, bear, cowgirl, fireman and explorer.

Feel free to laugh and cry and hug. There is no single way to grieve. And while we miss her on earth, we will pick up where we left off when I have the privilege of going to where she is, in the presence of God where there is fullness of joy.

My final request to all who read this blog: love. Love your babies, your husbands, mothers, sisters. Love each day like it’s your last. All you mamas out there, you have been entrusted with the precious gift of a human life who depends on you. Enjoy your gift. Breathe in the scent of your child’s hair, breath. Let them cook with you and make a mess of the kitchen. Play hide and seek with them, build sand castles with them, take them on picnics, read to them! Listen to them, value and respect them, never shame them. Your words they will carry with them their whole life and you have the power to give them wings or stunt their growth. Motherhood can be tough but it’s worth it. It can be exhausting, boring, tedious, but never for long. You blink and they’re grown. It has been my honor and privilege to love Daisy these last 8 years. I’m thankful for every minute; the joyful and the terrible alike.

“I know The Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.” (Psalm 16:8-11 NLT)

Comments

Popular Posts