Whoa.

For the last year I've been attempting to attend a local bible study out here.  They take on some pretty great stuff that really gets me out of my bubble and puts my perspective in check.  The latest book they're studying is Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  I've only read the first chapter, but here's a snippet:

"Yet we keep on questioning Him: "Why did You make me with this body, instead of that one?" "Why are so many people dying of starvation?""Why are there so many planets with nothing living on them?" "Why is my family so messed up?""Why don't You make Yourself more obvious to the people who need You?"

The answer to each of these questions is simply this: because He's God.  He has more of a right to ask us why so many people are starving."

Talk about some perspective.  Talk about some pressure.

Love one another.

At the end of it all, will we honestly be able to say that we did?

Just something to ponder ....

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francis Chan is amazing - great author and great speaker. You'll have to write more on what your thoughts are on the book. Enjoy being stretched. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts