Making Things Easier.


Just a couple things I thought I'd share that may help make day-to-day life simpler for you too....





::  Read on a blog somewhere about tips for getting kids to help around the house.  What stuck with me the most was it's best to start when they are young and it's still fun.  The best practical tip that I could use?  Put your dishes in a low cupboard/shelf where they can help by taking them out for meal time and putting them away when they are clean.  Ever helped me switch some things around in the kitchen a couple days ago, and I have to say, I think it's brilliant.  As long as you have dishes that won't bring you to tears if one or two break. 

:: Second, I wouldn't say that I have enjoyed cooking for quite a while now.  One of the reasons being lack of sleep and a frazzled brain, another being that more often than not, my meal is greeted with a "I don't want to eat that" rather than a smile.  Anyway, I latched onto this series by a gal that I get a kick out of following.  It may seem a little silly to make such a big deal out of simple things like cooking and grocery shopping, but I really think she's onto something here.  I am not naturally an organized person (although I believe my resume says otherwise).  I'm working on it though.  Check it out -- I'm trying it and can honestly say that I think it's pretty great.  The Google calendar clears a little space in my brain, and the ZipList recipe clipper and list maker are definitely clever tools.  By using them I know that I have at least most of the ingredients I need for the recipes I put on my calendar.  Thanks, Edie :)

 

Comments

Popular Posts