Vacation Reads.

I love vacation for a lot of reasons of course, but one is that I take more time to read.  
**
For the first time I'm venturing into e-reading, which I can't say I'm crazy about.  I love how accessible the books are, but despise needing the computer to read.  One of my New Year's Resolutions is to read the Bible in its entirety during 2013 and I'm using Glo on the computer to do that.  Mainly because I don't like the paper version of the Book that I brought along.  
**
Ever and I are on the last chapter of Peter Pan and, if I'm honest, I've probably enjoyed it more than her.  But I'm impressed she has hung in there until the end :)
**
Condoleezza's book, although immensely enlightening for me, is a slow read.  But I'm enjoying it and plan to plod along through it.
**
The Forgotten Garden was good, although I definitely enjoyed the first half more than the latter.
**
Just started The Old Man and the Harley and loving it.  Man, how the world has changed in less than 100 years.  Really get's my mind reeling....
**
The last book I'm working on is Plunge, an e-book written by some Crooked Islanders down here.  Very interesting, and I love to read something with similar context to where I'm at.  Last year I brought down Jack London and immediately thought, "Um, no snow and ice and freezing to death, thank you."
**
Kinda missing C.S. Lewis and Hemingway which had kind-of become a ritual down here for me, but couldn't spare the room in the suitcase and I refuse to spend more money on e-books until I finish what I've already started ;)
My book list for when I get back to USPS/Amazon shipping zone is growing daily .... too many books, not enough time...

And what is a post without a picture of one of the children?  Title of this one:  
"License and registration, please."

Comments

Popular Posts